Friday, June 26, 2009

Search engine attempt for the Standard Erlang Documentation

The main Erlang documentation site, erlang.org/doc is a set of static pages, which is not that convenient if you need to find a module quickly. Here I have attempted to break some ice. The heavy-scripted page contains the list of standard Erlang modules encoded. The relevant links appear in from of you as you type the module name. The tiddlywiki JavaScript engine does the job behind the scene.

It works nicely for me, I also have another file for off-line Erlang doc browsing,
which, if placed into the same folder as the Erlang doc root, will work the same way as the online version.

2 comments:

Gene Tani said...

firefox 3.0.13, winXP SP 3: I get this error:

=====================
Content Encoding Error

=====================
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Serge said...

I did not see any trouble like that on multiple configurations. But anyway, I highly recommend the http://erldocs.com for online browsing.